The design should clearly convey the worker bee approach. So that literally means the use of bees, honeycombs, whatever. I'm looking for a clear, crisp design that looks fresh and young. The front page should clearly illustrate the services offered (website development, software development, business intelligence)
I'd like the design to fit the content. In other words: the following pages ideally should have a different design:
- business intelligence
- who we are
- technical overview
- cygno project tools
- contact form
- portfolio overview
- portfolio page about one project
-------- UPDATE JULY 14th-----
I am not expecting that every designer turns in designs for all those pages in order be be eligible. I'll need several pages to be able to choose with whom I want to continue though. So proposed approach is:
- start with the home page. Maybe we'll simply not be able to get that to work anyway.
- if home page seems to work, go for 2-3 more pages, one for "websites" (a typical "content" page), one for "portfolio overview" and one "portfolio page for one project".
Based on that diversity I should be able to select a winner. I'll then indicate the winner, who can then finish the remaining pages, after which I'll award the prize.
-------- END OF UPDATE -----
So this is different than what we would do normally, where we'd use a generic template for a content item and making it all look the same. We *make* websites, our website should be a showcase, it should give a bit of a "wow-feeling".
For inspiration, sites that I like are:
- http://culturedcode.com/ (clear, crisp, fresh, calm)
- http://www.31three.com/ (nice use of surreal image with tagline)
- http://www.kaleidoscopeapp.com/ (the use of different designs for different pages)
- I love a bee image like used on http://stuntsoftware.com/onthejob/
We will convert the design into Joomla templates, only supporting modern browsers. I'd prefer not to use Flash in the implementation.