Our political online game and economic simulation needs a completely new layout. It should become clearly arranged and look more professional and modern. To compose a good layout for a mix of politics, economy and a game is very difficult but it should stimulate you ;)
We heard from many people, that they did not register, because the site is quite confusing, too many informations, etc. Additionally, it should look simply better and give the players a more comfortable Look-and-Feel. So the mass of information should be reduced, and the layout transfered into modern age, as the game plays from 1990 to about 2050.
- unobtrusively monumental (the player rules a state)
- noble and clean, but also inviting and a bit playful (well, it's a game, but a quite serious and educative game)
- 1024 width fixed and centered like now
- mainly bright colours, but can also contain contrasts with dark colours
- politically neutral (not red or brown for example, as those colours are associated with political tendencies)
- maybe you should google for other political games and economical simulations
- the main thing is: a good idea!
- all the statistics on the left and right site can be negledted
- a second layout for a state view like here: http://www.ars-regendi.com/state/8851/show.html - regard that there is a personal menu and a menu for the state
- a template, with which we can construct the other sites
- note: if you win the contest, we will need bit by bit further graphics, like icons for example
- the game will be expanded next year to a complete geopolitical simulation, maybe you consider that too
- search engine friendlyness: "Economic simulation and political online game" has to stand at the top!
- no dashed lines or boxes - I dislike them
- consider the time when the game plays: from 1990 to about 2050