I'm looking to merge my existing website with my blog. Neither of the sites have a design I am happy with so I am looking to start from scratch.
I am a web developer for a consulting company, and I'm looking to have a more professional personal site and blog.
My site (http://www.justise.com) currently is lacking in content and has a simple link listing from my del.icio.us list, and links to my blog, pictures, and resume.
My blog (http://www.blackbeltcoder.net) is using wordpress and overall I've grown to despise my domain name, and chosen theme. Overall the content on the site is tagged and organized poorly, and I've yet to add any meaningful additions to the site that I've worked a bit on in the past but never finished.
So I would like to build myself somewhat of a showcase site from a technological perspective. But I want to start from a strong design base before I start throwing up features, so I'm looking to get a good design, look and feel for the site and then augment it slowly.
As a side note, I'm looking to abandon the childish blackbeltcoder moniker, and move to Justise.com which while still weird, shouldn't have any stigma's attached.
- Blog posts on the front page. At least the last 5, preferably the last 10.
- The color palette I was originally trying to target was: Maroon, orange, silver, white, black. With Maroon and Silver kind of pre-dominate but I invite you to take from that what you will.
- I would like a portion of the page to cycle through different bits of content. So I would show the last 5 links I added to delicious, then it would fade that out and show the last 3 books I read. You wouldn't have to worry about what goes in the section to much, just a place for it would be needed. This can be very prominent on the page.
- The blog listings should show the full post. (The exception is the first post, which for inclusion in the rotating content section could be summarized)
- Obviously the following would be required: A place for several links to different sections of the site, starting with about 3 (resume, contact, pictures) and expanding to as many as 10. Separate link sections allowing me to list past blog archives, and an RSS button.
- What quoted text and bulleted lists looks like in blog posts.
- The point of the site will be to market myself as the professional I am and less as the nerd programmer I probably seem.
- I would like the PSD if you used Photoshop, though a PNG of the final design would be sufficient too.
- I don't want the text of the blog posts to dominate the design. So whitespace is fine.