- Please click on the link (http://public.box.net/footyfans) to view our logo. You must use the logo when planning your colour scheme. The colour scheme must complement the logo.
- The design should not be over-complicated or too 'busy' with lots of graphics, but must have a stylish look. We also want the website to be fun.
- The website must be easily accessible so that users can effortlessly navigate the site.
- Our target group are serious football fans of all ages, who just want to talk about football. We expect to attract female fans to the site, but we would predict that most of our members will be male, and therefore we would like a more slick and masculine look to the design (although this doesn’t mean too macho!).
- The main aspect of the site is the live chat facility we provide and the interaction between football fans in these chat rooms. In the middle of the page we want a significant, eyecatching focal point which highlights the main feature of the site which is the live chat. This could be an interesting graphic design or image but the focus must be on the fans (not lots of pictures of famous footballers etc).
- Another aspect to consider is that the site will focus predominantly on English and Scottish football. Although this isn’t crucial, we’d be interested to see a design that highlights this factor as well.
- Space must be left to allow for content (Text and a Newsfeed link) and Advertising.
- These tabs must be shown on the page:Running horizontally at the top of the page: HOME, ABOUT US, REGISTER, MY ACCOUNT, LIVE CHAT, FORUM, COMPETITIONS, STATS, CONTACT US.
On the main part of the page you need to allow for:
*REGISTER/LOGIN BOX (preferably at the side).
*SPACE FOR AN INTRODUCTION/WELCOME PARAGRAPH (150-170 WORDS) (This must be prominent).
*SMALL BOX ALLOWING FOR ABOUT 30 WORDS FOR 'TOPIC OF THE DAY' FEATURE (which is a topical question which links to the chat rooms/forums).
*BOX FOR RSS NEWSFEED WITH LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS (probably Skysports or BBC Sport).
*SPACE FOR ADVERTISING (SIDE ADS)
- Purchased football related images can be found at the link below if needed, but if you have any royalty free images of your own please feel free to use them: http://public.box.net/footyfans
- Formats to be supplied in: PSD (with as little layers merged as possible)
- Be as creative as you can but please bear in mind the themes of the site when planning your design. We look forward to seeing what you can produce!