Christ the King Catholic Church
We are a Roman Catholic parish of 1,100 families in the foothills West of Denver, Colorado. Our mission statement is posted at:
For the last dozen or so years we have set the standard for education, worship, and stewardship for the Church or northern Colorado. Now we want to conquer the internet and provide a useful, modern, and dynamic site to match the vibrant spirit of our parishioners and staff.
Our parish is located in an upper-middle class bedroom community where the majority of residents are highly educated and computer savvy. They expect their faith (and by extension their parish) to be more than a trip to church on Sunday, but rather an ongoing dialogue between themselves, the parish staff and other believers. The statistics of our current site (ctkevergreen.com) suggest that they look to the internet as a primary source of information, but we need to do a much, much better job of communicating with them and facilitating dialogue with each other.
We are looking for a powerful communication tool that is as functional as it is attractive. The priority of the site will be to communicate with the members of our community. This would include calendars, news feeds, and links to our Facebook, Twitter, del.i.cious, and flickr accounts (the social networking stuff possibly a footer, at least featured prominently). The site should also have the most useful information at hand but not be cluttered.
1. Winner will provide a design for the home page, and 2 options for interior pages.
2. To illustrate where our site will go from initial design (and to direct you with the columns) we've posted our 1st draft of the eventual site map at: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfct…_4cqmzbgd2
3. An example of a design we like but aren't locked in to is:
We like the layout of this site, but not necessarily the flash.
4. Use of the parish logo (attached) is not a must, but a welcome element. We would, however, like our colors of black, silver (or grey) and purple to be used in the design. Images of the mountains are also an option, as are images of the church which we will attach soon.
5. Home page should have a slider with 4 or 5 options to make the most popular areas of the site easily accessible.
6. Winning designer should provide design in layered PNG for easy slicing to HTML/CSS.