My business partner and I are bor Ivy League MBA's starting an online dating site. We believe that the timing is right to create a cool, hip and trendy online product that will attract a superior dating pool, utilize traditional matchmaking practices (events, pre-verification etc), adopt social networking aspects (community) and use cutting edge technology (mobile apps, semantic web etc) to create instant connectivity currently missing in competitor products.
Singles between the ages of 25-55 living in the top 30 cities in the USA.
We need a landing page designed with the following requirements:
- a pale blue background that blends well with the logo
- 3 logo buttons, one each for "Acumatch", "Dateguard" and "Matchmasters" that explain the services as described in the text below. We showed three examples of what might work here but it is up to you to decide on what works with your design.
- a header box to play video clips in
- A login box with the proper buttons for "Login" and "Sign Up in less than 5 minutes"
- Make the logo look more like part of the site instead of a box
May 27 update:
- Please use the Actual Match Logo attached.
- The Dateguard logo should maybe indicate a "dateguard certified" to stress the formalness of it.
- prototype v0.2.jpg shows a simple search form which needs to be added above the member login form.
May 28 Update:
-We want the page to fit the whole screen including 800x600 resolution as well as wide screen monitors. The best look would stretch to fit the whole screen but still look good and be functional in a 800x600 screen - if that makes sense.
Ontology is correct
Onthelogy is not.
-prototype v.0.3.jpg has been added with the correct spelling
May 31 Update
-We want a clean and light look. Main backgrounds should be either white or a very light blue. Gradients from white to a light blue would also work.
-The main image (video) will be of the sites owner so it shouldn't have a cartoonish look at all.
-The login/search form should be located on the right side of the page.
Another May 31st Update
-We had another thought. We are thinking of having the services: Matchmasters, Dateguard and Acumatch be displayed one at a time in a loop or controlled via Mouseover Boxes. Something along the lines of http://www.nbc.com/. That way we can have more information for each but not take up any more room.
So the first slide would show all 3 services with their bullet points, the second would should details on Matchmasters, the third Dateguard and the fourth Acumatch.
June 3rd Update
-We appreciate everyone's hard work but we are not quite getting what we want yet.
-I've uploaded some more images to give you a better idea of what we want but keep in mind these are just quick mockups of the basic idea of what we are looking for. We are hoping you can fill in the blanks so to speak.
-The .gif file is animated and will show all for screens. The .jpg are each screen shot.
-We are going to extend the contest for another couple of days in hopes that we can get the design we are looking for.
June 4th Update
-Uploaded login-form.gif that shows how the login form should look. It should be located at the top of the page in the header on the right hand side (the ActualMatch logo goes on the left). It doesn't have to be all in blue though - it could be red as well.