The Date Safe Project Inc at http://www.DateSafeProject.org
We travel the world talking in schools, on campuses, and at military installations teaching the importance of "Asking First" before engaging in sexual activity with a partner (instead of trying to "just make your move - when often the other person doesn't want it"). Our "Can I Kiss You?" presentation uniquely incorporates humor, fun, and high energy into what is usually considered an "uncomfortable" subject matter.
The Date Safe Project began many years ago after my sister was raped. Her strength inspired me to want to travel the world teaching the importance of consent, bystander intervention, and supporting survivors. Our work is a personal mission for myself and our entire team. You can read all about our purpose at http://www.DateSafeProject.org in the "About" section. Plus, you can watch actual footage from the show (and students' reactions) at http://www.DateSafeProject.org/k12
We have 2 t-shirts we've been selling for several years. The key to our shirts is they must be EYE CATCHING and EDUCATIONAL! You can see the 2 current shirts at: http://www.datesafeproject.org/educ
COLLEGE STUDENTS are the target audience. They purchase the T-shirt the most often with high school students being 2nd (middle school students, parents, educators, and military members make up the majority of our remaining T-shirt buyers). This is an already existing audience. We both sell the shirts and give them away during our presentations.
The students AT THE EVENT who purchase the shirt the most often are buying the shirt for 2 reasons: 1) FUN to wear and want to show off the shirt. 2) Believe in the message and want to help spread the word
While the shirt is discussing consent, the content must be appropriate for all ages. Ideally, we want ANYONE and everyone to WANT to wear this shirt and spread the message!
You can see the current design at http://www.datesafeproject.org/educ
Here is the MUST DO list:
1) DO NOT follow the old design. We want NEW, FRESH ideas and looks for the shirt. Try anything.
2) EACH SUBMISSION MUST INCLUDE A DESIGN on a white shirt AND on a black shirt!! They can be different designs for the white shirt vs black shirt.
3) Show both genders wearing the front of the shirt (2 images: 1 with female wearing front of shirt and 1 with male wearing front of shirt) and just include image of the back of the shirt (gender does not need to be seen).
4) NOTICE the old version of the shirt has 2 SIDES and the wording on both sides is important to the message.
5) If possible (not necessary), incorporate colors from our website.
6) Keep the design on EACH SIDE of the shirt to ONE LOCATION.
7) Subtly put the website DoYouAsk.com on the shirt.
8) Gender neutral shirts (no fitted shirts).
9) Make sure people can read "WANT SOME ACTION?" on the front of the shirt from a distance (or where ever you locate the question on the shirt).
10. This design is for a long-sleeve shirt and each side can ONLY HAVE 2 COLORS USED in the GRAPHICS and WORDS.
All IDEAS and concepts are welcome (dark colors in place of black, shirt designs, styles, etc...). If you create a look which can be duplicated onto other clothing, please do and include in separate submissions (hats, boxer shorts, etc....).
We will provide lots of feedback to help you!