Storm Performance are distributors of a range of men’s sportswear and accessories. They sell more than just boots and shirts though… it’s all about an exciting, active lifestyle!
Storm Performance distribute men’s sports clothing and accessories to retailers across Australia.
Products include footwear, shirts, pants and shorts, jackets, hats, sunglasses, protective clothing, sports accessories and luggage.
Their products are primarily for the sailing and equestrian markets but do cover other sporting markets as well.
Their products are contemporary in style and high quality and include many of the blue-chip brands currently available. They include day-to-day casual clothing as well as sports-specific clothing.
The target market is primarily retailers of sporting wear but active men, 25-50 years old with a sporting bent is an important secondary market… Storm Performance could well become a clothing brand (as opposed to a distributorship) in itself.
What’s more important than the products though is the promise… lifestyle, lifestyle and more lifestyle (an active lifestyle at that!)… think Nike, Bolle, Tag Heuer and Porsche.
Storm needs to portray action, freedom, excitement, masculinity and “attitude”.
• Something unique (there’s nothing unique about that!)
• Strong masculine theme
• Clean and modern
• Strong, vivid colours – but not gaudy
• Prefer blue colour theme but we can be swayed
• “Storm” is to be the predominant message… “Performance” should take a secondary role (i.e. the word “Storm” is to be bigger than the word “Performance”)
• Should work in a horizontal and vertical format
• Should work on dark and light backgrounds (could be positive and reverse versions)
• We will require scalable vector artwork at the end of the competition
• Did we say “active lifestyle”?
• Anything tricky or gimmicky (especially complicated graphics that won’t work at small sizes)
• Too many colours
• Drab, dull colours (or pastels)
• Generally, serif fonts (they look a bit old fashioned for this application… but that’s not a hard and fast rule)
• No clip art please