Update (Dec. 28): We have decided to guarantee the prize and have extended the competition. Please be sure to read the design brief. Excited to see some completely new designs from other designers. Thanks!
Update (Dec. 26): Thanks for the designs so far! Most of the submissions so far are much too close to the current logo (shape/structure/style). Please don't be shy to branch out and bring in your unique style and completely new ideas.
For the text, we're looking for either "Mosaic" or possibly "mosaic", less chance of "MOSAIC", but maybe. The maple leaf can play a much less significant role (compared to the current logo) or no role at all -- don't be scared to leave it out and head in a completely different direction. Please read our mission and values in the description and try to incorporate ideas re: immigrant communities.
Perhaps the maple leaf could sit on an angle (left-leaning? Right-leaning?) behind the last few letters of "Mosaic"? ...so, maybe behind the "aic" though not super big? Just an idea! I'd also suggest no more than four colors.
Thanks so much!
Our organization is turning 40 years old in 2016 (MOSAIC is an acronym: Multilingual Orientation Service Association for Immigrant Communities). We are taking this opportunity to rebrand and redesign both our logo and website. We are not attached to anything from our current logo (i.e. the maple leaf, colors, fonts), however blue has been a core component since our inception. During a focus group, feedback was given that our logo conveys conservatism, and we'd like to move away from that, yet still be professional. Our logo will be used a very wide variety of ways, print media, major signage, letterhead, website, etc. We are excited to see a wide range of concepts (we might re-brand as lowercase), significant icon, small icon, etc. We may or may not include the slogan.
- These values drive our relationships with clients, funders, community partners, staff and volunteers:
- Excellence - We value the delivery of client-centred quality services to the community.
- Innovation - We value relevant and responsive services, embracing creativity and adaptability.
- Inclusion - We value and advocate for diverse voices in building community.
- Commitment - We value the passion and contributions of our staff, volunteers and clients in creating a just society.
- Integrity - We value accountability, transparency and ethical thoughtful decision-making.
Our Strategic Directions
- Progressively expand and adapt our services to meet the changing needs and demands of our clients and stakeholders.
- Enhance the organization’s capacity and service excellence to respond to and stay relevant in the rapidly changing environment.
- Actively engage key stakeholders, policy makers, employers and the public to shape public opinion, policy and practice towards a just and inclusive society.
- Build a healthy work environment that attracts and retains a workforce committed to excellence.
- Increase and diversify revenue sources to reduce the dependence on traditional government funding.