Quiet Mind Meditation
Being able to still the body and quiet the mind brings significant benefits to not only the individual, but extends across relationships, family and community. Our teaching style is relaxed, practical and free of religious dogma or heavy cultural overlays .. a straightforward approach that aims to make meditation accessible and enjoyable to all. We honour (and are inspired by) the Eastern heritage of meditation as the ‘Art’ of our practice (so there is some flavour here) but also embrace the 'Science' that continues to flow from ongoing research worldwide. We will offer private instruction, group classes, workshops and eventually host retreats. We often partner with other teachers in different modalities to broaden our reach eg. Yoga.
Everyone! We believe meditation is a life skill that everyone should learn ..
We would like to convey a sense of the amazing quality of 'stillness' .. when we think of the art of stillness words that come to mind include: quietude, simplicity, silence, pause, breathe, deep, rich, organic, innate, clarity, flow, being, balance, "letting go", ease... The 'art and the science of meditation'. We want to be open to YOUR creativity so the following points are just our initial thoughts:
· a subtle/simple design
· a font that honours some of the beauty and richness from the East - yet also provides a professional image for our modern approach (not too rigid, too boring or too 'New Age'). Professional and clean, with some warmth/richness to it. Inviting and pleasing to both the creative and rational sides of the brain – but definitely NOT one that could be construed as corporate.
· a colour scheme that comes from nature (the coast more appropriate than the mountains) so more natural colours (think driftwood, or sand) ..
· probably not a photographic image
· simple enough to use in big or small versions – B&W and colour
· Editable Adobe Illustrator vector format, with fonts included
What I Don't Think We Want:
Not really interested in people, lotus flowers, meditation poses (Lotus or cross-legged), candles, incense, angels, crystals, moon/sun combinations, animals, and corporate world.