TechEnclave (http://www.techenclave.com/forums) is an online community that started off as a computer hardware and software discussion forum. It has come a long way thanks to its members who contribute to the community in various ways. Now it even covers a consumer electronics section among other things. It also has a market section for used goods.
The underlying concept is mutual trust and knowledge sharing. Several successful meets between its members in different cities have helped to make it a close knit community that is open to anyone who wants to join in.
The name TechEnclave was chosen to incorporate the principle behind the word Enclave (an enclosed territory that is culturally distinct from the foreign territory that surrounds it). As we envisioned, we have managed to position ourselves as a focused, unbiased and well managed community against our bigger and affluent rivals.
TechEnclave frequently organizes contest for its members. A successful outcome of one of these contests was our tag line "Grey Matters Here!"
Computer hardware and technology enthusiasts
General users seeking help from the tech enthusiasts
The logo should comprise of 3 components
1. A vector shape which communicates the theme of the site
2. The text TechEnclave in creative design
3. The tagline "Grey Matters Here"
We will use the vector shape as the stand alone identity wherever needed like on the Tshirt. The complete logo will be used on places like the website header or print media.
Points to consider-
1. Rich colors
2. Variants to suit both dark and white background
3. Should not be out of sync with the upcoming forum skins (screenshots attached) Though the skins colors can be modified to some extent.
4. Shapes should be distinct even in a grayscale format
5. Should be entirely in a vector format to support scalability
Links to existing and upcoming skins' screenshots:
It would be nice if the theme can be focused around community and enclave. The text can used to give it a tech feel but not too geeky. Simplicity is the key.
I feel I have detailed a bit too much, dont let it curb your creativity. Element of surprise rarely fails.