*NOTE* RockYou creates social applications for Facebook, MySpace, etc. We are not a music company and do not want a "rock n roll" associated logo.*** PLEASE READ THE CREATIVE BRIEF.
RockYou would like to refine its positioning and identity to more clearly articulate its presence as one of the top 10 online properties and the world leader for online social advertising. RockYou has massive reach and scale, 6x larger than its next largest competitor, and the opportunity for growth is only beginning.
A logo design thatis easy to reproduce accurately 100% of the time, that translateseasily and authentically unto all mediums, that provides futureflexibility for a dynamic and changing organization and is visuallyunambiguous and distinguishable.
Q:How do you want your target audience to respond to the final productof this project?
A:Impressed, excited to work with the experts in social media
Q:What does the target audience currently think and feel about thecompany?
Q:What do we want them to think and feel?
A:They should think and feel they are working with a leading globalbrand that creates excitement and fun in the socialapplication/advertising industry.
Q:How will this project help to achieve this goal?
A: Byassessing the established branding standards of leading companies andpositioning RockYou's visual branding effort to reflect thosestandards.
Q:What adjectives can be used to describe the way the company should beperceived?
Fun –We're playful and silly, but underneath we're a reliable andtrustworthy.
Innovative- Every step of the way we've been there on the social forefront..
Engaging- Our application experiences maintain loyalty and customers comeback to us for the same quality of experiences.
Entertaining- Fun + Engaging = Entertaining :)
Connected– Its not just about playing games, its about connecting with yourfriends and family.
- As the RockYou demographic is typically young, it would be ideal to have a logo that is combination iconic/typographic. Pure typographic logos are desirable, but can be indistinguishable, and lack the "fun" appeal(Yahoo!).
- RepresentsRockYou as a significant leader & pioneer in creating popular,immersive, & viral social applications.
- Portabledesign that can maintain clarity when broken out into smaller/limitedcolor versions.
- A designthat promotes a decrease in complexity in favor of concept andessence.
- Itshould have an icon version, that encompasses the essential values ofour brand, its message and its market position - in condensed form.
- 2 ColorsMaximum
- Think Top 10 Brands: http://www.ranqit.com/Ranqings/Defa…qing=logos
- ***We are not a music company and do not want a "rock n roll" associated logo.***
- No Gradients. Think simple like the top global brands.
- Nothing that will be difficult to see in small scale
- We want this to be a logo, not a button.