The original name was crowdflow.io, but changed it to "Open Economist" as I found a better domain. To account for this, I extended the contest and added more to the prize.
The "Open Economist" will be a blog that focuses on open innovation and how companies are opening up to allow social production. For example, crowdsourcing design, engineering problems, marketing campaigns, etc. So, the blog will focus on how companies are using an open source model in areas other than just software.
I work at Acquia, a startup that is commericalizing open source Drupal.
I'm a strong believer in the power of communities and leveraging the power of the crowd to spur innovation.
I love open source based models, new technology, the MIT Media Lab, MIT Technology Review, startups, disruptive models, crowdsourcing websites, simple intuitive design, blogs, software, microfinance, kiva.org, community-based websites, Twitter
I WILL PROVIDE LOTS OF FEEDBACK.
FEEL FREE TO SKYPE ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS: Alex.Lindahl
1. People interested in crowdsourcing (or using a crowdsource based method)
2. People interested in open innovation
3. Software professionals
4. Open source communities
1. 1 logo
2. 1 favicon based off the logo
3. PSD, JPEG, PNG, GIF files
I'm interested in logos that are:
3. stand out
4. use a mix of interesting colors
7. hint at the topic that's being discussed
8. use a font that isn't commonly used