Design a logo to use on all presentation materials (powerpoints, brochures, manuals, promotional material) for new fundraising campaign targetted at elementary, middle and high school students to raise money (spare change) to purchase bed nets to prevent the spread of Malaria in rural Uganda.
Just Like My Child Foundation is committed to transforming the lives of women and children in rural Uganda, East Africa through improved health care, education, and economic development. Part of our commitment is to curb the incidence of malaria -- a disease that in effect is "death by mosquito." Every 30 seconds a child DIES of malaria in Africa, yet it's a completey treatable, preventable disaese.
The Be The Change Fundraising Campaign: Spare Change (dollars and coins) bringing BIG change to the fight against Malaria is designed to get kids at all grade levels involved in philanthropy/service, becoming aware of issues like Malaria in other countries such as Uganda, and taking action to make a difference. We want to inspire kids to think of creative ways to raise money and make donations to Just Like My Child so we can purchase and distribute insecticide treated bed nets to pregnant women and children in rural Uganda.
Each net costs just $10 each and protects up to three children, or two children and a pregnant mother every night that they sleep under it.
We want a logo designed for the "Be The Change" campaign that makes it visually apparent immediately that there's a play on words: Mahatma Ghandi said, "You Must Be the Change You Wish to See in the World" so we're using the "Be The Change" as an inspiration for children to take on philanthropy in their world, but we're also linking it to something every kid in the U.S. has access to: Spare Change.
"The Change" is in essence "spare change". So there should be some use of dimes, nickels, quarters in the solution so the connection is simple and might cause a chuckle, like, "oh, I get: changing lives through spare change."
- Item 1...Tagline: Be the Change...spare change bringing BIG change to the fight against Malaria
- Complimentary color scheme to Just Like My Child Foundation logo (see http://www.justlikemychild.org <http://www.justlikemychild.org/> )
- Possibly use a variation of the "hand" in JLMC logo to show coins being dropped into jar/or bed net; or in the palm of the hand.
- Kid-friendly, interesting to students and teachers in grades K-12 in California and beyond
- Convey concepts of money (coins and dollar bills) and insecticide treated bed nets = saving lives
- Flexible that can be used for variety of media and sizes (on posters, stamps, websites,
- Clunky -- too kid-centric so older kids won't find it appealing
- only looks good in one size. Must work in a huge format, or tiny.