BargainJack.com is a shopping site catering to guys who like gadgets, power tools, sports, video games, and beer. The demographic of this site is primarily male, ages 18 - 35. The site caters to this demographic with manly humor and a strong social community, with the host of the site, Jack, delivering deals on the various products that guys like. Jack is witty, informed, sarcastic, and funny. He's a man's man.
I'm going to guarantee this contest.
BargainJack.com is a social community for bargain shoppers. This site has been up and running for over 2 years. The main demographic is male, 18-35. These are guys that love high tech gadgets, sports, video games, and beer. They'll be spending their time on the site mostly looking for great deals on iPods, cell phones, computer systems and equipment, audio/video equipment, video gaming systems, high definition televisions, power tools, sports, camping, outdoors, barbecue grills, and more.
Along with the deals featured daily, there's also a featured deal of the day with a writeup by Jack, as well as a forum and blog that complete the social community experience.
This logo is part of the branding that will go into a complete redesign of the site. That means you should not be biased by the existing design of the site, but instead, should take a fresh new look at the image we're trying to portray. Don't worry about matching up color schemes, graphics, etc. with the existing site, we're scratching everything (other than the avatar graphic/image of Jack) and starting over!
BargainJack.com is supposed to be a fun site for guys. The blog write-ups regularly contain humor, so we're looking for a logo that represents this. In other words, the logo should be techie, fun, and interesting, and capture our branding at the same time.
Jack is the kind of guy you'd want to invite over to watch the game, or go to the bar. He's the kind of guy you'd discuss high tech gadgets with in-between politically incorrect jokes and guy humor. Jack is a gadget addict and a man's man.
Our brand is all about Jack. The logo should reflect Jack's traits and reinforce the brand as much as possible.
We didn't originally picture a logo including the Jack character, but if you do choose to include a Jack character, you may use the existing character from http://www.bargainjack.com...otherwise, make sure that the character you create is blonde. As the contest progresses, if we like the way that you used the existing Jack character, we can send you the vector file to incorporate into your logo, but for starters, please just use the jpg from our site.
- Please only use the phrase BargainJack, not BargainJack.com.
- You can use either bargainjack, BargainJack, or BARGAINJACK as the text. You should not stress the B and the J in the logo.
- Prefer a wide layout rather than a tall layout, as the primary purpose for the logo is for a web banner.
- We want a logo that essentially captures the branding experience of what BargainJack is all about--guys, high tech gadgets, sports, and fun.
- Should look good when scaled to various sizes, including blown up big for t-shirts or whatever other promotional materials we might need, or scaled down extra small for an icon.
- We definitely prefer a standalone icon, along with the text BargainJack, as part of the logo. This helps with the branding, and again can be used for various avatars or icons.
- Format:vector, with all possible layers intact, and would like one greyscaleversion of each, also in vector format. I will ask the winner where Ican find the font/s they used.
- Need formats that work with both a dark and light background. Picture a logo that could go on a black, grey, or white t-shirt and still be readable.
- Do not limit yourself to a logo that matches the existing site design. We're redesigning the site, and your logo will be the catalyst for the style and color palette of the new site redesign.
- No logos that are taller than they are wide.
- No pink or purple logos, or flowers, or any girlie stuff. This is a guy's site.
- Do not include .com in the logo.
- Do not put a space between Bargain and Jack, it's one word. An icon or something between the two words is fine, but don't put an intentional blank space.
- Don't capitalize the B in BargainJack if you're not also going to capitalize the J. Bargainjack = bad. BargainJack, bargainjack, or BARGAINJACK = good.
- Please don't use the letters B and J as a major focus of the logo. We also have a site called BargainJill for women, and since the initials are the same, we don't want the logo to focus on the initials.
- Please don't use a UPC code as a major element of the logo. One of our competitor's logo is based on a UPC code and we don't want to look like we're copying.
- No overly thin fonts that are too hard to read when scaled down.
- No complex fonts or images that look bad when scaled down.
- Noclipart, no iStockPhoto, no copying other designers' work here orelsewhere on the web, and please let us know if you see anythingsuspicious.