I am a Marketing/Management/Operations professional hybrid with 20 years of experience in Japan and the US starting up businesses and making them customer-centric. Beyond the lip-service in Marketing and the standard 30 day guarantee, I drive clients to look at every part of their business - manufacturing, research, marketing, legal, operations, etc. and tear it apart in order to build it up again with a customer-centric culture that drives every decision in the org to focus on the benefit of the customer. Having worked for some of the most customer-focused companies in the world and creating successful businesses for them in the most demaning customer market in the world (Japan) , I can help any company think through the full complement of what it means to not just say "Customer First" but to create the culture that every employee lives every day that in turn creates greater employee satisfaction too.
"Fennec" is a breed of Fox native to Africa, known for its large ears. My biggest strength is in my ability to listen and observe what is going on in a clients' company and then to piece together what may seem to be a complex set of unconnected habits, policies and practices and boil them down into a simple set of principals and action items that help them clarify their objectives and streamline the complexity that weighs down their ability to change for the customers' benefit.
Principal focus is on consumer product/service companies that need help with Marketing, Business Strategy and Operational processes with the intention of improving their perception among their customers, improving loyalty and improving employee morale and loyalty. Companies with direct sales models (i.e. E-Commerce/Catalog), CRM/Loyalty programs or those looking to build programs like these are preferred, but any company with fractured branding and marketing efforts is welcome!
Target level within target companies are at the executive level: Marketing, Operations, Finance or the President/CEO in smaller firms.
My promise to my clients will be simplicity. My logo and communication materials need to be that way as well and reflect only two things:
1. I am listening to you
2. This will make your life easier
Everyone wants something to make them look smart, and I am no different, but do not want something that might imply I am trying to be too clever (i.e. no "ears" in the logo please!). There is an element of humility in the practice of listening.
Finally, want something that will have a color scheme to allow for documents and web properties to retain a very clean look and easy to apply across many types of media. It might work better to almost think of it as an icon rather than a logo?
But outside of these requirements, I am open to inspired "Eureka" moments as well :-)
1. Make sure the icon is aligned on the left of the company name. (Putting it on top makes the logo less portable to different types of media)
2. We are dropping the word "Consulting" and using the word "Fennec" only
3. Look at variations on the font so that they imply "professionalism" and "people"
4. Want to avoid looking too technical (i.e. no "gear" shapes or computer elements).
5. Look at some warmer color variations without losing the "professional" image. But do keep the company name in DARK color to ensure quality printing and rendering online and offline.
6. Preference will be given to those who have already submitted entries before this update and can follow the brief while adding their own creative touch.
ALSO: If you are comfortable in doing so, feel free to explain your idea in a few short sentences so I know what you are thinking. English OR Japanese is OK.
THANK YOU for the great effort so far!