My promise to my clients will be simplicity. My logo and communication materials need to be that way as well and reflect only two things:
1. I am listening to you
2. This will make your life easier
Everyone wants something to make them look smart, and I am no different, but do not want something that might imply I am trying to be too clever (i.e. no "ears" in the logo please!). There is an element of humility in the practice of listening.
Finally, want something that will have a color scheme to allow for documents and web properties to retain a very clean look and easy to apply across many types of media. It might work better to almost think of it as an icon rather than a logo?
But outside of these requirements, I am open to inspired "Eureka" moments as well :-)
1. Make sure the icon is aligned on the left of the company name. (Putting it on top makes the logo less portable to different types of media)
2. We are dropping the word "Consulting" and using the word "Fennec" only
3. Look at variations on the font so that they imply "professionalism" and "people"
4. Want to avoid looking too technical (i.e. no "gear" shapes or computer elements).
5. Look at some warmer color variations without losing the "professional" image. But do keep the company name in DARK color to ensure quality printing and rendering online and offline.
6. Preference will be given to those who have already submitted entries before this update and can follow the brief while adding their own creative touch.
ALSO: If you are comfortable in doing so, feel free to explain your idea in a few short sentences so I know what you are thinking. English OR Japanese is OK.
THANK YOU for the great effort so far!