The name "The North Hill" has several meanings to us. The location of outreach is actually an apartment complex on a hill. There is also the fact that being a refugee in a new country is an uphill battle. The hill also refers to the hill of Calvary, where Jesus died for our sins. As believers in Jesus, we are called to be a "city on a hill" Matthew 5:14.
Our mission at The North Hill is to glorify God and spread the Gospel to the ends of the earth by seeking to build Gospel-centered relationships and fostering Gospel-centered community in the primarily refugee population living at the North Hill Manor apartment complex, who represent the nations. We aim to share the Gospel in word and deed and to seek justice by engaging God's people who are often unseen and neglected. Our goal is to serve the beloved families of North Hill Manor with grace-filled excellence that reflects the love and care of Jesus.
Our target audience is other Christians who desire to serve a refugee population in Fort Worth, TX.
How We Accomplish Our Mission
- Actively Seeking to Disciple Women on a bi-weekly basis
- Spring Break Camp for Kids
- Summer Camp for Kids
- Engaging Kirkpatrick Elementary School
- Monthly cookouts When Season-appropriate
- Yearly Coat Drive
- Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery
- Angel Tree
- Matching Sponsors with Families
- Identifying Felt Needs That Are Central to Our Mission
- Mobilizing Volunteers
- Providing Advocacy Where Relationships Exist