Hairly Basic is an all-natural company focusing on beard care, mustache waxes, shampoos, soaps, shaving supplies, skin care, etc. We are *not* gender-specific as a brand. However, we will offer male-targeted and female-targeted products. Our target audience is generally 25+, care about the environment and where our products come from, as well as chemical-free products. We use organic, natural ingredients -- no chemicals. Lots of essential oils, beeswax, cocoa butter, etc.
Our logo must be gender neutral while still capturing the essence of what we do. The logo will end up on the labels for all of our products, so try to come up with something that will play well with other/future designs. Keep it simple, yet classic; trendy but not boring; usable in both small and large sizes. I don't want to pick between "modern and classic" because the brand could easily work both ways. Show me both options if you have time. Please don't stick strictly to the logo gallery... they're just basic guidelines. For example, the squeeze logo font is terrible, but having a simple logo within name is appealing.
1. No text-only logos. They will be eliminated.
2. There ***must*** be a graphic in the design. If you need inspiration, think about doing a face/hair/silhouette in both male and female forms. Try to include a subtle reference to our all natural products in the graphic as well.
3. No bees or leafy things in the imagery. It's overused in our industry.
4. Here's the font you should use in your logo: http://www.1001fonts.com/cinzel-font.html
5. We'd prefer a serif/sans serif style font. Still try to find something that is simple/natural looking.
6. We do not have pre-determined colors, we'll figure those out in the final round.
Our main competitor will eventually be Burt's Bees. Check out their brand and do *nothing* similar to them. Their design is terrible. Too simple, bad color choices, and generally boring packaging.