Background information about the Logo Concept:
We are a publishing company that targets young adults readers. It publishes and translates books into Arabic.
AlFulk is an Arabic word that means: The Ship; Noah's Ark. We've chosen it to represent how Noah carried all kinds of creatures into one ship and saved the life on Earth. The concept is that like the ark that save humanity, also, knowledge save humanity; and the base of knowledge; books.
Tips on what we are looking for in the design:
1) Please consider that the logo would be on the spine of the book. Imagine how the logo is going to look like on a bookshelf beside other books.
2) We are looking for illustrated logo not a typography design.
3) Colour preference is Black silhouette or Black illustrated lines. However we don't mind experimenting with different options.
4) We've noticed that square, round, vertical logo designs would work will but not horizontal. Please have a look at the photos we've attached to compare the logos with other international publishers' logo.
5) The most important aspect in a publisher's logo is to be visible while the book is standing sideways in a shelf. non of the submitted designs is vertical - We would love to see how creative you can with that. (check the logos of Penguin publishing house and ILEX; when walking beside a bookcase, vertical logos are visible from a distance.
6) Do not limit yourself with the available submitted designs. There is no rules in Arts and Designs. It is all about what your sight tells you at the very first instant.
Good Luck all ^.^