The Production Plant
We are a post production company in NYC and work on TV shows for networks like MTV, Vh-1, Discovery, NHL, Versus, etc. We also are moving to a new location.
People who come to us are TV networks or Companies that are producing either TV shows, Films, Radio Spots, Corporate messages etc. They are usually Television Networks, Ad Agencies, Film Studios, Sports Leagues, or Corporations.
Please take note of our starring system below- this should help as a guide to understanding what we are thinking!
Eliminated - Doesn't meet our goals or fit the requirements, not the direction we're looking for.
1 star - Sorry, not at all the look or feel we are looking for.
2 stars - An interesting concept but it doesn't really fit the look and feel of the company.
3 stars - Getting warm, we can see where you are going and would like to see more.
4 stars - This is a good concept and we like the logo. You are almost there.
5 stars - Love the concept and logo. You have made the final cut, fantastic job.
What we're looking for:
1. We want something that will stand out. We are not concerned about what the look is i.e. Cartoon, Formal etc. It's more about that it's eye catching and fun.
2. When we say our name to people the word "Plant" seems to get lost. Sometimes people will say "did you say plan?" and we say "no Plant".
So, some kind of design that will put that together in their brains when they view it.
3. Post production is editing for TV and mixing the sound you hear on TV.
4. We sometimes produce content where we go out and shoot with lights, cameras, etc.
5. Once in a while we record music in the studio but 4 and 5 are not done as much as 3.
6. When we called it 'The Production Plant" we were using the word plant as if it were a factory for TV.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.
As I’m sure you can understand, providing feedback in a contest of this size is very difficult and remains almost impossible to respond to every design. We’re in the mode of eliminating designs that we feel don’t meet what we’re looking for and use our star rating system to indicate when we think you’ve found the right direction. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE ELIMINATION OF YOUR GRAPHIC PERSONALLY!