La Maison d'Aurore is a community action center in a central district of Montreal which has existed for 40 years.
To welcome, gather and accompany people of Plateau-Mont-Royal to improve their living conditions and their environment.
• Break the isolation by offering a place of belonging,information and meeting
• Promote the autonomy and dignity of persons
• Promote a collective effort to meet needs, especially to remain in the neighborhood
• Act in consultation with community stakeholders to promote the common good
• Creating a true community life through mutual and solidarity
This community center reaches a diverse population through different networks of activities : individual host (listening, support, reference) , homework workshops, activities for seniors, intergenerational meetings , community kitchens, community dinners , community garden and popular education, activities on the issue of rights, on responsible consumption, etc. The organism works together with others local NGO and public institutions on these issues.
The values we share and promote through our activities are: mutual aid, recognition , enjoyment, solidarity , commitment , openness.