I am a one-person boutique consulting firm. Although my background is in education and languages, I have my MBA and have worked in a field known as Organizational Development for several years.
Some of the work I do includes things like...
- team facilitation - working with teams to help them address difficult issues and to form as a high-performing team
- leadership development - I firmly believe that *anyone* is a leader, and you do not have to hold a leadership title in an organization to be a leader. So I work with leaders in all organizational positions to help them be a better leader, and increase their positive impact on the organization
- personal and professional coaching - coaching involves working with individuals one-on-one and helping them achieve their goals, realize their dreams, and be more fulfilled, in whatever positive aspirations they may have.
- change management - helping people adapt to change and helping organizations introduce change, keeping the people in mind.
Generally, I work *with* clients - by they organizations or individuals - to help maximize. I am a good relationship-builder, I am a strong learner, I get things done. I love training and teaching. I worked with a coach myself, and determined that my mission in life is to keep the learning conversation flowing.
I appreciate simplicity and practicality, in my work and in design.
My market likely already exists.
Large organizations that have several hundred or more employees, where I would go in as a consultant and/or trainer. For these clients, I would offer workshops on communications, leadership development, team facilitation and so on.
Small organizations would also be good clients where the organizational leader is wondering how to increase employee engagement - to reduce turnover and heighten employee productivity, while keeping a good culture that values morale and work-life balance.
I have also worked with entrepreneurs in a coaching capacity, helping them to stay on track as they create and build their business.
Typically, however, I am looking for something that will appeal to a professional audience. I picture working with knowledge workers - people who are smart, willing to learn, thoughtful, considerate, challenging (in a positive way) and open to trying something new. I also like my clients to have a creative flair, and experiment. Sometimes, trying something new requires a leap of faith, or an attitude of "fake it 'til you make it". I enjoy clients like that!
Right now, my business card is dark blue background with canary yellow printing. I am not wedded to those colours, but it gives you an idea of what I like.
My website (which is not beautiful) is at http://www.lvsconsulting.com and tells you more about the work that I do. The colours of the top of the page are similar to my card.
I appreciate the following:
- clean lines
- clean fonts (generally sans serif)
- graphics that tell a story
- a little bit of flair
- class (cashmere, pashmina, Tiffany lamps - that's the ambiance - although I personally own none of those...)
- cleverness and wit
- something that makes the audience sit up and think "Hmm..."
I look very much forward to your contributions.