Who we are. Tod and Kris started their working life in kitchens. We did this because we love food, love to cook, love the social aspect of food, love everything about cooking, except the endless hours a Chef spends working. Tod Manages one of the largest kitchens in Oregon, in which he had spent up to 60 hours a week managing recipes, menu's, inventroy, and ordering. After 5 years of developing a database program to help him, he has cut his time down to 8 hours, and cut food costs significantly.
Kris is an Inventor, Business Startup guy, and all around Business manager for over 25 years. As brothers, Kris has helped Tod create this tool, and now I have stepped up to the plate to bring this amazing tool to the world to help other chefs benefit from the software. Merging a social networking site front end to a powerful database back end will create a huge network site dedicated to everything food related. Including, writing, sharing, and reviewing recipes, reviewing restaurants, discussing techniques, and generally talking about everything food on the front, and managing any kitchen or food based business in the back.
My target audience is really anyone that is crazy about food. We have established 8 account types:
1. Home Chef, person in the house that is responsible for cooking. These people want to stream line the finding new recipe process, generate grocery lists at a click of a button, and share what they have.
2. Cookbook authors, create a page to comunicate with fans, share new recipes, and generally network.
3. Diet specialists and Trainers, with the ability to create menus for clients and comunicate tips, tricks, and other information to help the clients reach their goals.
4. Professional Chefs, network on the front end, but manage everything in their kitchen effortlessly with the software backend. Reducing food cost, man hours, and personal time is there primary goal.
5. Restaurants. create loyalty and buzz about their operations and menus. Share recipes, special offers, and generally network to create more foot traffic.
6. Corporate account, guide several restaurant accounts with managing controle.
7. Broad Base suppliers, middle men for products going to restaurants.
8. Suppliers, Manufactures of food items and equipment for restaurants.
The Home Chef, Restaurant, and Professional Chef are our primary focus. Eveything else is support for these customers. The audience is extremely varied, the only common string is Food.
I am looking to create a solid brand that will grow with the company and site for years to come. Simple, identifiable, readable, and unique. I don't have any real preconcieved ideas, other than no chef hats, everything Chef has one, I want to be a little different ....
When you think of a facebook social site that could help you run your food business and market it at the same time, what comes to mind... ChefView, help me get this across. Be as creative as you like!!!