Welcome to Stryde.ca: a small start-up aiming to help Gen-Y make a better transition into the workplace. The company is small—two people small and run by David Singh (Gen Y entrepreneur) and Daneal Charney (Gen X Leadership Coach). Together we’re creating products to help young leaders make the transition into the workforce by giving them advice, helping them set relevant goals, and connecting them with peers to help execute those goals.
We are very much about collaboration, fresh approaches, and love to think and be creative. We’re dynamic in many regards, but lack a technical ability to produce great art on the computer. INSERT YOU HERE!
Stryde.ca is a website, but the business is a larger concept. We are starting by building a series of e-Books, but eventually plan to grow into a full web 2.0, conversation era online offering.
For now though, we need a logo.
We’ve got two target audiences: Generation Y Leaders and Managers of Generation Y
Generation Y: Born between 1982 and 2000 these young leaders are uber tech savvy, love collaboration, have been in academic institutions their entire life, love feedback, have huge goals, want to make money and change the world, want everything now, and don’t see why a rule can’t be broken.
As they transition into their career they need help. They’ve told us, loudly! They want encouragement, advice, and a way to connect with their peers. They want a brand that can help them with that transition. This brand has to compete with the utility of facebook, the attractiveness of Nike and Starbucks, and needs to be as comforting as a best friend.
Managers of Generation Y: These people want to better understand their employees and want to know what makes them tick. They want tools and resources from a trusted source, but we don’t want to be just another HR ploy.
We want a fresh approach with a logo to capture the “STRYDE Concept” of having generation Y strive for their best in their early career.
We need a logo.
What it must have:
- Clean lines that convey a sense of fresh profressionalism.
- Variations of the logo symbol with the words: STYDE, STRYDE.CA and room for a 4-5 word slogan (although this does not need to be in the logo itself)
- Colour scheme: Red, White, and Black (We’re open to variations of these colours)
- We’ll want the logo put on black, red and white backrounds
- Varying formats JPG, vectorized, PDF, etc.
- Varying sizes ready to fit: facebook, twitter, etc.
What we don’t want:
- We don’t want a cluttered image or one that is too WEB 2.0 (ie we don’t want to be an abstract google or twitter concept)
Concepts to build from:
- Want to build off the a cube shape. In particular if you were to look at a cube from a 45 degree angle, a Y shape could be made form the vertical side and two upper sides that would be slanting upwards.
- We want the Y to be pronounced
- We want the .CA to used on a variation of the logo, but there to be a version with just STRYDE
Please see attached PDF of more on the brand concept.