Connect, Receive, Equip and Send
Here's your chance to design some edgy style logos! This project is for a church that is seeing a huge amount of growth among young people, urbanites and various demographic and ethnic groups. Its pastor is bold, dynamic and sometimes shocking. The church is looking to brand its new 2011 SMALL GROUPS mission using four different but related iconic logos to represent the following words:
connect, receive, equip and send.
Your mission is to create visual representations of these four different words as logos (for example, a chain for connect, an open door for receive, a backpack for equip... things like that - but those are only suggestions.) They need to be easily reproduced in black and white and also at small sizes. We are thinking the style should be grungy, but not too dirty. Each iconic logo should be in a different color with some unique tinting as it fits the design. Each iconographic logo can almost look like a t-shirt design or stamp, think along those lines. DON'T WORRY ABOUT DESIGNING THE FONT, just focus on the logos.
These logos are being used on posters, flyers, bulletins etc. so the focus is print not web.
a broad audience, but skew it toward the under 30s with an urban flavor and vibe (think industrial, not hip hop). the iconic logo designs can look scratched, rough, metal, etc.
If you can start with one or two of the four names and create iconic logos for your chosen two that will help us separate out the artistic geniuses and keep the process rolling effectively. I can promise two things: everyone will get a star ranking quickly, and we will provide very detailed art direction with each design (I know how bad it sucks when you don't get good feedback... trust me).
So to recap:
- chose one or two of the following: CONNECT, RECEIVE, EQUIP and SEND and make a dramatic edgy visual representation iconic logo out of them
- Try to keep each design to one color, although you can use tints of that color (avoid blends). Keep your colors dark and urban feeling.
- Think urban, radical, risky, edgy, justice, mission: these are the adjectives to keep in the back of your mind.
- fonts: DON'T NEED THEM, just focus on the logo marks themselves.
- format: Upon completion, these logos will be placed next to each other so they may look best in individual squares or circles, or something that looks clean when stacked linearly or two by two.
I've included an example (posters.png) of some similar designs, but these are posters not logos, so you don't have to get this detailed just use it as a reference. The rest of the attached files are similar to the logo style we are looking for.
I'm proud of this community and know that you will all do your very best on this. Looking forward to seeing how you turn these words into logos.
We are looking for artistic representations of these names, not a logo with the name in the font. For example for "connect" you might use a chain, or two hand clasped together, or something along those lines. We don't need a font, think of it more as very edgy icons. Look at the file "posters.png" for an idea, although we are looking for logos not illustrations to that magnitude.