WaterWay is a start-up social network created for avid boaters ( sail + powerboats ), fisherman, rafting, water sports, and other activities / happenings around your local WaterWay ( lake/river/pond/etc ). What makes this concept unique is that there are separate online communities for each local waterway ( lake/river/pond/etc ) and the users can participate on all of the communities including their own local waterway community.
The concept is similar to Patch.com ( Please use this for reference )
WaterWay's target audience are as following:
1. Boating Enthusiasts ( All Boat Types )
2. Fisherman ( All Fishing Types )
3. People Involved with Water Sports ( Rafting, Skiing, Kite Boarding,etc. )
4. Lake Related Activities
5. Local Businesses ( Near WaterWays )
6. "Boating Crowd"..
WaterWay's Brand Image needs to be appeal to people of all ages / gender. ( Male/Female - Ages 16 to 65 )
There are many activities that our target audience participates in while on the lake or around their local water way ( boating, fishing, watersports, etc.. ) The one main focus is Water.. Lakes.. Sun.. Fun etc.
1. The Main Logo will Read "WaterWay"
2. Similar to Patch(http://canton-mi.patch.com/), the WaterWay logo will need to be created with adding a location in mind.. ( http://canton-mi.patch.com/ - use this as an example.. ( Note: The arrangement and design will be up to the designer as long as the location is incorporated into the logo.. )
The main logo needs to be designed with this in mind.. Designers who can show examples of the location incorporated with the logo will defiantly have an edge on those who don't.
I have attached a simple example to show the arrangement we are looking for. Designers will have full creative freedom the creation of WaterWay's logo.
We are open to the color scheme other than the usage of blues. We defiantly want blue to be a prominent color in the logo, but secondary colors will be up to the designer.