Global Heart Network (GHN) is a Resource Management Technology Platform that provides help and for all NGOs, hospitals and patients in the cardiac community in low and middle-income countries.
The two basic functions of “the GHN System” to perform:
1. Information Portal:
databases of NGOs,
patients & support groups
conferences world wide
The hospital database is very important as it is information resource for NGOs and Patients and we get up to date data from Hospitals to allow us to identify the flagship hospitals for Centers of Excellence.
2. Matching Needs with Resources: The key component of the GHN platform is the match making between resources and available resources It addresses the following 5 components:
Diagnostic, treatment and follow up
1. Diagnostics – Telemedicine Functionalities, Text/SMS functionalities for patients and families. All GHN Members can connect with telemedicine and benefit from training in CHD and RHD arena from Diagnostics to treatment and Care.
2. Care: Donations and Financial Resources (Funding for cardiac procedures) as well as seeing who to contact:
a. a crowd funding platform
b. Donors can post their grant applications as well as Air miles and other financial donations that helps the community
c. When a patient or health care professional posts a need, it must be matched with resources that are compatible with the geographies and capabilities of the hospitals. For example we need to know which hospitals can take free cases or if not what their costs are etc. The needs can be referred to the teams who are regularly visiting various countries so that the care will be delivered locally and will be much more cost effective. For this the NGO Activity Database discussed above about the schedule of the visiting teams and informs the patients and health care professionals to approach the team during their visit to the area…
d. Reporting: it is very important to have a database for all the patients who are benefitted through Global Heart Network or its partner organizations This is the only way we would be able to document the reach and impact of GHN and then present this data in meetings
3. Patient Registry (to help countries start their patient registry)
a. A cardiac registry
b. Integrated in the registry are the details of the patient care. This will also help to track and to allow follow up. For example, when an NGO group arrives in the area they have updated information about recent patient care so they can help with the follow up.
c. Digitalize the patient flow process for intuitive pathway of care from diagnostic to care and follow up (this includes all possibilities from securing passports for an intl travel, to discussing with embassies, to finding help and connects with registry for follow up) . The sytem allows multiple types of medical files to be uploaded and downloaded. Users can download medical reports when they post a need
4. Medical equipment and supplies
· Where organizations or individuals post available medical equipment so that GHN can help find best offers and medical equipment donations
· a searchable database that had the ability to link to technical profiles of the device or other associated documents
· Inventory handling for second hand medical equipment and supplies (GHN will eventually have a depot to handle equipment and should be represented in the infographic)
5. Training and education
· Posting needs for training and education for all medical and non-medical professionals in the cardiac community and finding resources for these needs at hospitals etc.
· Will require the upload and down load of multiple file formats
· Will require collaboration with Telemedicine working in cardiac care, and organizations providing educational modules on RHD and CHD diagnostic care and follow-up
· Will require patient and family information education that can be linked to the patient and family groups
6. Volunteers for surgeons on medical missions
· Finding medical and non medical volunteers for medical missions run by NGOs or specifically for hospitals
· Medical volunteers when expressing an interest in supporting a medical mission volunteers can post their CV.
· We require a tool to allow a secure posting and download service that protects the rights of the volunteer.
Under the whole system in the infographic is that the system feeds into the humanitarian hospital which must be shown somehow:
Istanbul Humanitarian Foundation
And then Flagship Humanitarian hospitals beneath this Istanbul Humanitarian Foundation:
So in hierarchy we will have GHN System and all the details above, then Istanbul Humanitarian Foundation, and then Flagship Humanitarian hospitals under the Istanbul Humanitarian Foundation.
Other to express but not directly relevant to Infographic as it is general about the technology itself:
The GHN platform handles an increasing amount of users, a broader array of data (including educational videos and images), must be easy to access via mobile, support multiple languages, feature a graphical User Interface that is universally understandable.
The following features are essential:
· Intuitive and comprehensive graphical dashboard with map of activity, which allows users to navigate the GHN platform regardless of literacy.
· Network bandwidth for LMICs
· Mobile integration: enable users to enter and retrieve data via mobile phone.
· An interactive database with a graphical UI, which allows users to easily enter and access data (country specific cardiovascular capabilities database and surplus equipment database). The database should be maintained to high level and allow users to input and download data.
· Advanced matching capability