1. Target audience: primary school principals
2. If you take it seriously, "teacher's pet" is not a good term - no teacher likes to have a teacher's pet. However it is a catchy name and easily remembered. So the logo can't take "teacher's pet" literally. So don't target the "pet" concept. It is just a catchy name. It might be better to revolve around "school", "teacher", "friendship", "students". The key value of this website is it can keep friends together while catering all other class-allocation criteria. So "friendship" is the best concept to target.
2. Since it is a funny name, the logo can't be totally serious. It has to have a bit of fun in it.
3. I like simple and more or less abstract logos.
4. The mood of the logo should NOT be like a bunch of senior executives sitting in a board room. It should also NOT be like a kinder garden play ground. Imagine a group of joyful white-collar employees working in a pleasant and elegantly-renovated office of an established business.
5. Please do not waste your time and my time if you don't have a beautiful and creative idea. "Just throw something in and try my luck" ABSOLUTELY WON'T WORK.
6. I will provide you a Microsoft Word document, which is the Teacher's Pet website user's manual. Please help me to make this document look beautiful and professional, by integrating the logo into it, with proper color, watermark, etc... Since this is not included in the standard brand and logo pack, this voluntary - you don't have to do it, and if you don't do it it won't affect your chance to win.