I have written a book about working as a contractor called "101 Contracting Tips". It is generic advice for any contractors, but all examples are in the IT industry.
- full colour front and back book covers (including book spine)
- a lesser black and white version of the front cover for the inside cover (I.e. the first page when you open the main cover)
- images to be scalable to fit various book sizes/ratios as I haven't yet finalised the exact book size. The leading choice at this point is 8inch high x 5inch wide.
- a logo for "101 Tips" as this may be used to create a series of books.
- the book will be offered in print and on kindle/PDF
For a bit more on "contracting" if you need ideas/inspiration:
- self-employed, one-man band operations hired on a contract
- usually office workers
- temporary workers, for a few months or years then off to their next workplace
- opportunity to take a lot of time off in between jobs, a lot of job freedom
- opportunity to make a lot more money doing the same job, a lot more financial control and freedom
Go forth and use your imagination! I look forward to seeing the submissions!
- my name as the author "Steven Baker"
- title: 101 Contracting Tips
- sub-title: Valuable Tips for New and Experienced Contractors
- approximately 5mm thick
- text (10 points to be placeholders for the moment):
101 Contractor Tips compiles practical and effective advice with real-life examples on how to begin and succeed in your career that will prove valuable to experienced contractors, newbies and wannabes alike.
Tips are set out in ten major categories:
- Starting Out
- Finding a Role
- Getting Hired
- Before You Start
- On The Job
- Finishing Up
- Finance Matters
Whatever your level of experience, you're sure to find something beneficial between these covers.
There are thousands of people who are enjoying the huge benefits of being a self-employed contractor.
Why not join them?